Downer Ave Playground Dog Rec Area
Dog Recreation Area Hours of Operation are 6.30a – 8.30p
Users of the Downer Ave Dog Recreation Area do so at their own risk. The City of Boston, Boston Parks and Recreation Department, and Jones Hill Association are not liable for any injury or damage caused by any dog in the DRS location.
Failure to comply with the rules and regulations may result in Downer Ave Dog Recreation Area closure. Please review and adhere to all rules posted throughout the park for use of the various park areas/amenities.
Rules and Regulations
Before you enter:
- The Downer Ave Dog Recreation Area is for dogs, their handlers and those accompanying them. No other use is allowed.
- All dogs must be licensed, vaccinated and healthy (no contagious diseases or parasites).
- Dogs showing aggression towards people or other dogs are not allowed in the Downer Ave Dog Recreation Area.
- Dogs in heat are not allowed in the Downer Ave Dog Recreation Area.
- Puppies younger than four (4) months are prohibited.
- Prong, choke and spike collars must be removed upon entering the Downer Ave Dog Recreation Area.
- Dogs must be leashed entering and exiting the Downer Ave Dog Recreation Area.
- No more than 3 dogs per handler may enter the Downer Ave Dog Recreation Area.
- Handlers must be 18 years of age or older.
- Handlers are responsible for any injury or damage caused by the dog(s) under their control.
While in the Downer Ave Dog Recreation Area:
- Dogs must be in view and under the control of their handlers at all times.
- Dogs must be removed from the Downer Ave Dog Recreation Area at the first sign of aggression.
- Handlers must pick up and properly dispose of their dog’s waste immediately and should encourage others to do the same. The “pick up after your dog” law applies within the Downer Ave Dog Recreation Area – fines will be imposed.
- Digging is not permitted. Handlers must fill any holes dug by dogs under their control.
- Excessive barking is not allowed. Be mindful of neighbors, esp. at early or late hours.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Handlers must have possession of the dog(s) leash at all times.
- No smoking, drinking or drugs are allowed in the Downer Ave Dog Recreation Area.
Contact us or join the Friends of Downer Playground committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in helping out with the Playground (general assistance, programming, plantings, dog rec area, etc), consider joining the Friends of the Park group. Please fill out this form or email email@example.com.